Soon after Dad received a printed version of this blog in a huge bound volume for his birthday in April 2020 he started sending some more emails. I reveived this one from him further below and my reply was
Wow - already onto the Volume 2 of your book - you are a fast worker Faither!
Love Lisa
======================================================
Recently I looked up the internet to find out the origins of the Feathertouch knife that we still have.
Now I, bought the one that Mum has (from one of the Boilermakers for a pound ), who had new ones (that fell of a truck????, when I worked as a Boilermaker,/Welder, at K.G Coles (Conveyor Company), in Alexandria in the 1960's??, this was when we lived at Flat 1(36a??) French St, Maroubra, where we had a magnificent view from the front lounge window of Maroubra beach.
And, I think it would have been at the time before Dianne was just born( a couple years after Lisa was born? Ellie😇correct me here?
I
had our old Holden panel van that I also used as a storage for my lawn
mowing gear that I did after work and at the weekends. And when I would
drive Mum to her housecleaning jobs in the Maroubra area.
During the
week I would pick up the Pommy, foreman, Jack Newton, and his apprentice
son (Jack, as well) at their place along near the Coogee end of
Maroubra Bay Road driving across to KG Coles at Alexandra (just down
from our future, first bought house at 21 Queen St Beaconsfield, (this was after we left the Housing Commission flats at 707/3 Florence Avenue, Eastlakes)
NB
I need to get dates et al checked by Guru Lady-Eleanor as well as
additional info to flesh out this mystery/thriller story that I know
you're ALL eagerly awaiting!
"
It was Mr. Kives himself who used the Feather Touch Knife to slice a ripe tomato without crushing it, immediately after cutting through a shoe and a block of wood. Mr. Kives touted one miraculous product after another with the phrase “As Seen on TV, Mr. Kives, who was the “K” in “K-Tel,"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/phil-kives-k-tel-pitchman-as-seen-on-tv-who-got-america-hooked-on-classics-dies-at-87/2016/04/28/fb0eda84-0d51-11e6-a6b6-2e6de3695b0e_story.html
No comments:
Post a Comment