I was searching for info on Cessnock City Council, and up pops their
logo, that instigated the dropping of, the word 'Greater ' from the name
of 'Greater Cessnock City Council'.
My reason, was simple. When i looked for 'Cessnock ' in the phonebook,
the Cessnock City Council, never came up, unless you knew that it was
under 'Greater'?
'Daft', I said in Council when talking to my motion that when
people(even Cessnockians' would be puzzled to not find it under 'C'
By the way I was Council 's rep on the Hunter Valley tourist committee.
Eventually the Officers and Aldermen saw my point of view after media
publicity helped to point up my logic was costing us money in promotions
when we were shooting ourselfs in the foot in spending big money in
promoting 'Cessnock ' vineyards and not calling them 'Greater' Cessnock
So another victory for common sense and now you will be able to find Cessnock under 'C', not 'G'
Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment