My friend Jan got this video of me singing my song at the
song competition at Edinburgh Folk club event. It's nice that quite a
few started to sing along with the chorus. I was asked to sing it too at
our Big mandolin and other instruments day. Lots of people have given
me great feedback. One lady said it will be sung a hundred years from
now!
Many folk asked for a copy and said they wanted to sing it at their
club. Wendy has given lots of advice about copyright, which she says is
important if it does become popular. She says she has an idea for the
song but won't share it with me just now as she's not sure if it can
work out. It's all great fun. I'm off to Leith folk club tomorrow to
sing it again and not so scared now.
I also sang it at
Wendy's Singing for Fun group. So having lots of fun. Oh and keep
watching the video and see Jan singing Wild Mountainside, with some of
the musicians at the mandolin and other instrument day. She has given me
a loan of her guitar while I'm here. She is a great friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment