Sunday, 1 October 2017

Linda


Eliza Linda Forrest Taylor nee Ellis

Mum and I need all of the good news that we can get, during and after linda was sick and died. it's been painful, for all of us to see my wee sister through her illness and death. She was too young and good to just go.

 I was in Scotland when Maw died. Thank goodness she did before Jock and Linda. that would have killed Maw.
Mum and I reminisced about when I first met her at Whitburn dancing and she first came down to see Maw and Faithir. She got the wrong bus and got lost -in Bonnybrig -late at night.
 
After a few months together Mum took Linda up to Armadale for the gala day, where Dana and Mum went to town and fashionably dressed linda from the long trousers she usually wore that Maw had Linda clothed.  Mum and sister Dana put rouge on her face and bought her a new dress so that she looked like a girl rather than the austere clothing that Maw could afford. That was when i knew that i was going with the right girl, because Mum was so much like Maw, in looking after others. Her sister, Dana could be a wee bugger at times but with Linda she was much supportive of the makeover. Dana was very good with kids. They always say that blokes marry women like their Mothers!

Linda was, for the first time, with older Girls who knew what young girls needed. Maw was so chuffed at what Mum and Dana had done, that i think I was on a winner with Lovely Lady Eleanor of Armadale! But also, Maw trusted Mum. That's what we are built on'TRUST & LOVE' for others.

Linda stayed at Armadale overnight, such was the trust of Maw in Mum. And your Mum has never ever changed in her love of, and, helping people. Linda just adored Mum. She asked embarrassing questions of Mum, in front of Maw; 'If you and George get married will you be my sister' types. But let your Mum tell you the correct version of what i've typed as usually I miss some facts that mum likes to correct?
 

 

When Brother, Jock Died [in the old Glasgow Beetson Cancer hospital] I went over quickly and I had been up to see him at the time. My memory is hazy of detail, but I remember that the last time I saw him, Jock asked me 'Am I on the way out Geordie?' I lied and said, 'i don't think so Jock, or otherwise they'd have pulled the plug on ye'. i didn't really know, but the living don't want loved ones leaving them. Selfish of the survivors?

I then drove back to Wink's place in High Bonnybridge, a 20-25 min drive late at night . But halfway there on the way back, Wink rang and said that his dad had died. I was devastated, but not altogether unexpected.
Now there's something about dying people, who don't wish to be a burden, by going when nobody is around. I was with john to the end.

When Grannie Died, Mum and i were up at a steam engine rally in Aberdeen. It was absolutely pissing of rain. The tannoy blared out over the din of steam engines et al., 'Would George Ellis make himself known to the announcer his whereabouts. Well as I walked over I had this dread that something not good was in process. Sure enough as i got there a policeman was awaiting and told me that i needed to ring Larbert to Linda and Alec's. But there were no phone available. so Mum and i drove back down the road a long way and got a phone box, rung Linda, receiving the 'expected?' news about Mum dying. 

THEN, NOW OFF COURSE, LINDA DYING. HOW UNFAIR. She has a very good husband, Alec who had just retired to spend his days with the woman he loved. But not to be. He is HEARTBROKEN. A thought for Alec, a very good man, and his Eve and Keith.

At least Mum  and I were there holding Linda's hand when she passed away. Alec and Eve had put long bedside shifts with linda, but badly needed a break. So sad that they were away, but it seems to be the case when people are dying that they know when to go, so as to not 'inconvenience family and friends'.

Linda loved your Mum, because Mum was like Maw, as was Linda. Thoughtfully loving of the needs of others rather than that off herself.  

i'm sitting here in Grannies flat doing family history just to keep my mind and heart from the pain. Somehow it eases it all because you girls and family are so lovingly supportive. 

It was also good that Megan got to see her Auntie linda, as Linda had a soft spot for Our Meggie, who has all the hallmarks of all of our family, in loving/caring for others.

THANK YOU OUR LOVING GIRLS and BOYS and FAMILY, FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

It is much appreciated
 
Dad's previous email:
 
Today i was doing avoidance behaviour to help cope with my wee sister, your Auntie Linda's  passing. Somehow I opened this video of one of the local parrots feeding just across the road at Haven St. I had taken this, i think, two years ago and showed it to Linda and Alec at that time. I can remember Linda and Alec laughing at its antics. 

So it's just a silly wee link to Linda, that cheers me up. DAFT? I know, but the hurt needs some levity in coping with a lassie that died too soon, and to a husband so in love with that lassie, my wee sister. Alec is a lovely bloke and is very distraught. i've come out from Edinburgh regularly with Mum to see them all.

His soulmate has gone, and we will be back in Sydney the end of this week. So I'm hoping that the support that brother Billy and Mary have been giving gets all of them through the coming time period, as it has with Mum and I.
 
Just a wee minder that your dad loves his girls and family in this time of great sadness, so that we can all cope. And, also as a reminder to myself how much your Aunty Linda meant to both of you, as well as John and Megan. sadly Cameron was not able to be in Scotland to see Linda and Alec and their family. But no doubt Cameron will be well aware of the ties that bind.
Love you girls, John, Megan and Cameron. Thanks for the internet chats and support that you have given Mum and I. We need it, to keep our spirits up, at the Funeral this Wednesday, and for packing up to get back to you all.
 
Dad




No comments: