Sunday, 29 April 2018

Mum and her House Party Music

Hi my dear ones

We are mostly over our jetlag and getting out and about.

Last night we were taken by my friend Jan to a house party music night. We had a supper of home made scotch broth and various breads. Then the musician singer played for about 1.1/2 hours. He was great! He had written all the songs. And a number were humorous.

After that Jan took us to a bar where she knew the musos, The Gallus Crows. They were superb and Jan sang a few with them What a night. There was a lady there who spoke to me, saying " oh great to see you again Ellie. Hope you'll come to sing fir us again. I didn't recall who she was but she runs the Leith folk club that I sang at last year. It's just great the way everybody makes you feel so welcome! The way the house party works, everyone puts money in the hat, and they were all generous I could tell from seeing all the notes in the hat.

The day before I had lunch with Wendy and friends. She is able to sing a little now, but has to be very careful. She asked if I'd like to see the musical warhorse which on on here, and I didn't say no!!!

Dad/ Pop is already getting good info from his family history searches, enjoying his daily walks to and from the record place. Weather too has been good. Bleedy cold but sunny. Have seen uncle Alex and Eve, and uncle Billy and Mary. All doing well. Well that's all my news for now. Love to all
(email 29/4/2018)

No comments: